Monday, March 8, 2010

John Mayer and Cravings....

One in the same, no?? This past Saturday evening was the John Mayer concert! That boy puts on a good show. What was even better was an amazing surprise that awaited us. We got to our seats and they were pretty much the highest seats in the house (not kidding) in section 415. While we were looking around, we noticed a man who worked at the Toyota Center was checking people's tickets. I made the smart ass remark to Jer- 'Wow, he's really checking people's tickets, like we're gonna 'steal' these *awesome* seats. Well, after he checked people's tickets, we noticed they were getting up to leave. What the h?? So Jer basically shoved our tickets in his hands and the guy told us that 'Mr. John Meyer (the way he pronounced it) picked one section to relocate to seats next to the stage' and we happened to be sitting in that section!! We were PUMPED!!! Stuff like this never happens to us. We happily moved our hineys all the way down to section 103 which was literally next to the stage.




These were taken with Jer's Iphone- so they're not the greatest quality. Again, I didn't think we had great seats, so I didn't even bother bringing a camera. Baby Sturgeon enjoyed his/her first concert!!

Sunday morning we woke up and had donuts (baby's craving, not mine). My parents came over to help us with our landscaping. I didn't take any pictures cause we aren't quite done, but I will once we finish! My parents are so amazing, they help us with anything/everything we need....

Speaking of cravings, Jer had a flag football game for work Thursday night, so I was home watching Real Housewives with Lola. Those 'classy' ladies were drinking martini after mouth-watering martini. I had to have one, or at least something resembling one. I called my sister, cause when she was pregnant I got her a book on how to make 'mocktails'. Nothing was in the book about dirty martinis. The way I drink my martinis is pretty much olive juice with a splash of vodka. So, I drove myself (with Lola in the car) to Kroger and perused the aisles for the perfect Spanish olive. Well, they had an olive that said 'martini olive'. I thought 'perfect!!'... not so much. When I got home, I tried one and noticed it tasted funny. I looked on the front and noticed it said 'marinated in Vermouth'.... oopsy. I called my mom asking if I had hurt the baby by eating one lousy olive soaked in alcohol. She informed me that of course I didn't. If you know me, I barely take tylenol when I have a headache. I know i'm being naive, but I know that if I ever did anything that affected our growing baby in a negative way, I could never forgive myself.

Anyways, other than spanish olives, I am currently craving ice cream. Specifically ice cream that you can only find from an ice cream truck. I have no idea why. Does anyone remember these popsicles??


I looked online to see if they still produced them, no luck!! I'm pretty sure I would do just about anything to get my hands on Donald right now. (Duck that is)

It's weird, but I have been craving things that I ate growing up.... peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, popsicles and puffy cheetos. 'Kid Stuff' I guess. I promise, I am throwing an apple in the middle of that..

Here is a picture of me and my favorite little nephew from Valentine's Day....



Next week is Spring Break! Wahooo.. after Spring Break 2008 in Vegas, I honestly never thought I would have a Spring Break again.. I am so excited for a week off. I have been searching high and low for a cheap lay out chair so I can get my tan on.

My brother, Blake and his GF Taylor are coming in this weekend for a wedding. They are bringing Hutch, Blake's yellow lab and Lola's favorite cousin. Taylor has never been to Houston, so my family is de-virginizing her by taking her to the rodeo and Lopez! Should be a fun weekend.


Hope everyone has an awesome week!


XOXO Haley

4 comments:

  1. i think you must be craving olives bc right now baby sturgeon is the size of a little olive! true story...i saw it on "the bump." gracie likes donuts too, and im not a donut fan, only every once in a blue moon. and ive decided that one day over your spring break, i would like to move my bed rest to your back yard to get my tan on with you! ok? ok! glad we agree! love you and baby "s"

    ReplyDelete
  2. youre so cute! this is so funny. i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taylor- I hope that's not true- because the baby is now the size of a prune.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I'm not pregnant and you've got me craving those old Mickey Mouse popsicles.
    I craved donuts and late in my pregnancy, it was all milk. I'd go through a gallon by myself in two days... and that's not normal for me at all.
    Pregnancy. Gotta love it.

    ReplyDelete