Monday, July 26, 2010

Hello, hello baby...

What an amazing weekend! We had our 3D/4D ultrasound on Saturday morning and got to see our little guy! He wasn't very cooperative at first; he kept his face hidden in my belly and didn't want to turn. About halfway through the ultrasound, he finally turned so we could catch a glimpse of his face. As soon as I saw it, I could tell he has Jer's nose. Jer and his mom have a very distinct nose and I could tell our little Owen has the same one. Other than that, I really can't tell who he looks like. Seeing him in 3D made me 100 times more anxious to meet him and hold him.
Luckily, the ultrasound said from the measurements of his head, his due date would be September 23. Not sure how I feel about that and I'm not sure how accurate it is, so I'm going to wait until my next doctor's appointment until we make any concrete due date changes. We also found out that he has hair and is chubby! He has fat little hands and we saw fat rolls on his back. Oh, how I LOVE chubby babies!




On top of the 50 images we got of the ultrasound, we got a 30 minute video of his entire ultrasound. Oh yeah and Owen is definitely a boy!!

After the ultrasound, my mom, dad, Jer and my Granny and I all headed to Sugar Land Town Square for a yummy lunch. We ate at a new Japanese restaurant called Taisho. It was delicious!



After lunch we came home and took a nap and vegged for the rest of the night. Sunday, we painted our laundry room to get ready for our new-ish washer and dryer. My parents got new ones, so they are giving us their high efficiency ones! Before and after pics to come.

Sunday evening, we ventured out for a night on the town. We met some of Jer's coworkers at The Grove for a fantastic dinner, then walked over to the Toyota Center for LADY GAGA! Best concert i've ever been to. Jer and I both agreed it was definitely more of a show than a concert. Part of the show was the people watching. We had to stand in line outside of the Toyota Center before we walked in to the concert and I kid you not, a guy (dressed as a dominatrix) had to throw his metal chain that was wrapped around his neck away because it wouldn't go through the metal detector. And that was just the beginning... he was with a girl who was wearing nothing but a bikini and caution tape.

It said on the ticket 'no cameras' so I didn't bring one, but man I wish I had! Some of the outfits we saw are unexplainable and just have to be seen. We saw a 6 foot cross dresser dressed in a black latex body suit.
Jer-'Is that a guy or a girl?'
Me- 'Not sure, i'll wait until they turn around'
Me- 'Oh, it's a guy, I can see his dick bulge'.
Jer- 'Shut up, you can see his dick bulge?'
Me- 'Yes, look at him.'
Jer- 'Oh.'

The guy also had some lumps where boobs would be on a girl, so Jer and I then had a 10-minute discussion on the ins and outs of cross dressing. To say the least, it was an experience we will never forget and will probably never have again. I love that Jer is not one of those judgmental guys who is homophobic or not secure with himself. He danced and enjoyed himself just as much (if not more) than I did.


Here is a 29 week picture of Owen and I before the concert.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and a great start to your week! We'll be getting the laundry room done this week and everything ready for Horseshoe Bay this weekend. Oh yeah and baby shower invitations should be going out for both baby showers this week! I have already seen one of the invites and they are adorable- I am so excited to celebrate this little boy.


XOXO Haley

3 comments:

  1. Technology amazes me! SO cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh precious owen, cant wait til he's here!

    and im dying laughing about "dick bulge," seriously LOLing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you comment about your husband being so accepting etc. Those are such great qualities in a man. My husband was raised super conservative, home schooled the whole nine yards but somehow he ended up non judgemental and super accepting...he worked the Gaga concert in Dallas and loved every minute, especially the crowd! which makes me love him even more. :) You guys are a fantastic couple!

    P.S. LOVE the 3d Owen photos, what an amazing thing for you both to have!!!

    ReplyDelete