Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Estes Park, Colorado

Jeremy and I spent a week with my parents, my brother, his girlfriend, my sister, her husband and their son (our nephew) in Estes Park, Colorado. We had an amazing and relaxing time. We got into Denver on Saturday and drove about an hour and a half to a house we rented in Estes Park. The house was located on The Thompson River and the views were gorgeous. I won't go through the vacation day-by-day because that would take forever, but I will sum up what we did. My doctor told me not to do anything strenuous while I was there because of the altitude, so I didn't have much of an agenda (which was OK by me!). I did notice that the altitude made it harder for me to breath and catch my breath. Also, I felt swollen and HUGE the entire time I was there. I know I wasn't imagining anything because the day after we got back, I slipped my flip-flops on, and they were stretched out from how swollen my feet were.

Here is where we stayed:

A view from our back porch

We walked around and shopped in downtown Estes a few days and I LOVED eating outside on the patios. In the Houston Summer heat, it is a rare treat.



We drove up to The Rocky Mountain National Park to go fishing one day. We didn't catch any fish, but the scenery was all worth it. It actually started hailing on us while we were there. Crazy.


One of my favorite things about Estes Park was how dog friendly it was. Everyone had their puppies with them... outside on patios, in stores, you name it. Sprague Lake wasn't so dog friendly... and this picture looks too much like a bloodhound. Not cool.

Jer and I went to and toured The Stanley Hotel one afternoon. It is the hotel that the movie and book 'The Shining' is based on. Jer is interested in history and I love anything haunted, so this was a win-win for both of us. The cherry on top of the cake was the fact that a part of our favorite movie ever, 'Dumb and Dumber' was filmed here.



My favorite part of the vacation was getting to spend so much time with my family eating, hanging out, playing Scategories and enjoying each other. I also got to spend a week with my Broccoli Booger. He is so snuggly in the mornings, I loved hanging out and playing with him.







XOXO Haley

1 comment:

  1. What a great trip! I love that your so close with your fam like I am :)

    ReplyDelete