Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Jer's Bday Weekend/Memorial Day

We celebrated Jer's 25th birthday all weekend! My mom and I kicked the weekend off by going to see Sex and The City 2 and we loved it!

Friday evening, we went over to his parent's house for dinner! Saturday, Jer and his brother and Dad went golfing for the morning and most of the afternoon. While Jer was busy golfing, I was busy shopping for Owen (duh!) I found some really cute onesies at Macy's and great deals at Katy Mills.



We then got all snazzy and went out for a nice dinner at Fogo De Chao. If you are a meat lover, you have to try this restaurant!



After dinner, Lola and I baked Jer his birthday cake and while he was sleeping and set up for his birthday morning surprise! Funny story- before bed, I gave Lola a bite of cake. At 8 the next morning (she usually gets up around 10) she was ready to get up, so I let her out of the room to see what she wanted. She went straight to the fridge and just stared at it. I had put the cake in the fridge the night before and she was ready for another piece. Spoiled dog.





We then took a nap (breakfast took it out of us ;) and then got ready and went to Lupe Tortilla's for lunch! After lunch, Jer we went to J Crew to get Jer some Summer clothes. That evening, we met some friends over at Jer's parents house for a BBQ and birthday celebration. Our bff's Taylor, Gracie and Grayson came over and we had the best time!





After we got home, we had to give Lola the last piece of cake that she had been waiting all day (and apparently all night) for!



For Memorial Day, we went to my parent's house to hang out at the pool and swim all day! We relaxed with cocktails (Jer-beer Me- virgin bloody mary) and on floats all day. We have the sunburns to prove it today.

Last night while I was watching Tori & Dean, Owen was kicking up a storm. Jer is DYING to feel him kick, so I put my hand on my belly and I swear I felt him kick from the outside. I ran into our bedroom to wake him up and put his hand on my belly. No luck. I know any day now he will be able to feel him!

Hope everyone had an amazing long weekend!


XOXO Haley

7 comments:

  1. You are such a sweet wife, what a great celebratory weekend!

    I swear the babies "sense" when you are telling someone to feel them kick. As soon as I tell Kevin to look at, or feel my stomach Slade freezes... Carson was the same way! Funny little boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you guys had a fabulous weekend! I love the pictures- you're such a sweet girl!

    Liam was not one for stage fright. It got to the point where I'd just sit in a chair and everyone could watch my belly move- you'd see an elbow, a knee, you could tell what was his head... Jer will get to see and feel Owen eventually- I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun weekend! i love the orange dress and teal/blue earrigs combo! youre adorable! i miss you (and owen too!) i hoe we can see each other soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. im so glad we got to spend so much time with yall this wknd! we had such a good time.... gray loves his aunt haley and uncle jer so much! i cant wait for jer to get to feel baby owen! and me too!! so exciting....love you three!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your dress from birthday dinner! Such a pretty pregnant momma! Sounds like a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I l.o.v.e your dress! It's so pretty! You're so adorable! The onesies are to cute, "the man of my dreams" lol that is perfect! I am very glad to hear that I am not the only one that is having bloodhound problems! lol. Hopefully we'll figure something out, I hate to get rid of her =/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paige- i'm sorry if I made it sound like we're having bloodhound problems because I assure you, we are not! Lola (our bloodhound) is (literally and figuratively) the biggest blessing in our lives, and we always say she was the best $200 we ever spent!

    ReplyDelete